Sub-Gingival dentistry: the dark, scary, bloody world you don’t see as much on Instagram. Straight talking Dr Lincoln Harris will help you choose the right retraction cord protocols to reduce your stress during subgingival caries removal and crown/onlay preparations.
Join us to see Lincoln Harris LIVE in London for a full-day keynote lecture: From Class 1 Composites to Complicated crown preps.
Protrusive Dental Pearl: When inverting/tucking in the rubber dam, instruct your DA to blow air continuously at your flat plastic instrument as it works around the sulcus. This will effectively and efficiently tuck/invert the rubberdam for a better seal (and sexier photos!)
Highlights of this episode:
- 3:33 Protrusive pearl regarding inverting/tucking the rubber dam
- 6:40 Deep Subgingival Caries cases
- 11:44 Deep Subgingival Caries Protocol
- 22:44 Which Retraction Cords to Use
- 25:10 Retraction cord protocol on Silicone Impression
- 30:50 Retraction cord protocol on Digital Scanners
- 31:48 Teflon as Retractor
- 35:53 Isolation of Class V restorations
- 42:02 Place of rubberdam on class V restorations
Check out Ripe Global, one of the biggest groups in Dentistry with 80,000+ members!
As a bonus, check this one-page summary of this episode
Head over to protrusive.link under the Infographics Tab for the other one-page infographics summary of the past episodes