We think we know what a tooth looks like….but most of the restorations that we see on a daily basis…how many of them have truly natural or morphologically correct tooth anatomy?
I am joined by Dr Jurgita Sybaite who is the undisputed Queen of Tooth Anatomy! (Full video on main website) She works with Dr Basil Mizrahi and is passionate about Restorative Dentistry.
The Protrusive Dental Pearl for this episode is to use a Thermacut bur (by Dentsply) to remove the interdental papilla when managing very deep, subgingival caries – an example case was posted on Instagram and Facebook for you to see how this works.
- The three steps to learning and mastering anatomy: learn, draw, sculpt!
- What if you cannot draw?
- What tips would you give to anyone to improve their morphology (anterior and / or posterior)
- I play devil’s advocate – is knowing anatomy THAT important now with digital wax ups and tooth libraries? Should we really invest our valuable time with Tooth Morphology?
- Which is the best way to learn, additive or reductive? Wax? Soap bar?
- Do we need to master tooth anatomy if we are not a ‘cosmetic dentist’?
If you enjoyed this episode, check out Composite vs Ceramic with Dr Chris Orr.
As always, hit subscribe on your podcast platform and leave a review on Apple Podcasts!