We don’t refer all our extractions, root canals and crowns – then surely there is a role of GDPs to carry out Orthodontics? In the last 10 years we have seen a boom in GDP Orthodontics and much of this is ‘Alignment Only Orthodontics’. Protruserati, welcome to Straightpril!
In this episode we discuss:
- How GDPs can get involved in Orthodontics
- Which, according to Dr Nick Simon, is the best Orthodontic system for GDPs?
- His views on all the Dentists jumping on the Invisalign bandwagon
- How significant is the loss of anterior guidance in ‘STO’ (Short Term Ortho) cases
- The 2 most common mistakes GDPs make while carrying out Orthodontics
Sponsor: Did you check out the Mini Smile Makeover course? You can attend again in the future at no additional cost – THAT’s awesome!
Protrusive Dental Pearl: I use the Beauty and the Beast Mirror to ask patients what they hate most about their smile. It injects personality and humour – but you also find out exactly what the patient does not like about their smile!
If you enjoyed this episode, you should also check out Are Class I Molars Important? With Dr Mo Almuzian