Last week it was International Women’s Day, which makes me especially proud to share this absolute clinical blockbuster with one of the most inspirational Women in Dentistry – Dr Manrina Rhode.
In this very clinical episode of PDP, she teaches us about Veneers – she has been placing them for several years and has developed awesome systems in her practice for this.
The Protrusive Dental Pearl in this Episode is a Communication one! Let me know what you think.
- Manrina’s journey with cosmetic Dentistry and veneers – how did she get the exposure early on in her career?
- Ceramic vs composite veneers – composite has lifted off last few years, what has been your experience?
- What percentage of her patients have pre-restorative orthodontics?
- Which burs does she use for her preps? (Bur codes listed on Protrusive Dental Community: www.facebook.com/groups/protrusive/ )
- What prep protocols does she use? What kind of stents?
- How do you communicate shade with lab and the patient?
- Does Manrina follow an ‘Occlusal Philosophy’ to ensure (para)functional longevity of her veneers?
- How do you manage patients with ultra-high expectations?
- How she uses Photoshop to show patient possibilities with their own smile
- Why awesome temporary/provisional veneers are so important
- How does she fabricate good looking, long lasting provisional veneers?
- What is her bonding protocol?
- How does she reduce mistakes during a stressful bonding appointment? Hint: teamwork!
- She gives a very good veneer bonding hack towards the end!
Ask Dr Manrina every tuesday on @DrManrinaRhode in stories
Ask her your dental questions!
Her Veneer course (next cohort in June 2020) : https://designingsmiles.co.uk/
Bur codes listed on Protrusive Dental Community: www.facebook.com/groups/protrusive/
Or pasted here:
582 (red mosquito) BD582F
6844.314.014 (red/green prep bur)
379EF.314.023 (rugby ball shaped yellow bur)
856EF.314.012 (yellow polishing)
834.314.021 (depth cutters)
(Thank you for selflessly sharing these, Manrina!)