In this mammoth episode (boy, it’s a long one but I hope you like it!) we have the legend that is Dr Jason Smithson.
If you are a Dentist and have not heard of Jason Smithson, you have been living under a rock!
The calibre of cases that Jason posts on Social media and lectures is always unbelievable and we as a profession learn a lot from from him, as well as the courses he runs. I went on his Onlays and Veneers course about 4 years ago and I was really engaged throughout the entire 2 days.
We will be talking all thinks eMax onlays and vertical preparations.
Protrusive Dental Pearl: for all my listeners, a group just for you where we can share content, knowledge and files for each other: Protrusive Dental Community
First half we discuss all about lithium disilicate onlays including:
- Indications and contraindications
- When an onlay really should be a crown
- Thickness of eMax
- Why flat top onlays are not recommended
- How thin can we go if on virgin enamel? (Think of OVD increase cases)
- IDS (Immediate Dentine Sealing) and and DME (Deep Margin Elevation
We also discussed Vertipreps in great detail!
- What is “vertiptrep “or “vertical crowns”?
- Why have they ‘suddenly’ become fashionable?
- Tips for temporising for Vertis (see eggshell technique reference)
- What to tell your technician
- Trouble shooting Vertical crowns (overcoming friction!)
And we also discuss a gem right at the end about how I help to improve the longevity of my anterior work by a simple trick that takes 4 or 5 minutes with only with a disc….and Smithson agreed it is a good thing to do!
Resources shared with this episode on the Protrusive Dental Community Facebook group:
Lots of news to share with you all:
Those of you who follow me on Instagram (@jazzygulati) or like the Protrusive Dental Podcast Facebook page (I’m pretty active) will have seen the news that starting from the next episode (which by the way is with none other than Kushal Gadhia) you can get enhanced CPD!
My guest and I will produce A&Os and have some questions for you to answer. The only caveat is you have to be a Dentinal Tubules member – if you listen to my ramblings, you either LOVE dentistry or you WANT TO TRY to love dentistry or you want to reignite your passion, and that’s exactly what Tubules is about and I am provide for them to quality assure and issue my CPD.
For information about Jason Smithson’s next courses, visit:
This Podcast on Youtube: