I love Dentistry…but I FREAKING HATE CRACKS.
CRACKS = DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS with our patients.
I am joined by Endo Queen Dr. Kreena Patel – @kreenaspecialistendodontics to discuss all things cracks to make our decision making process clearer in General Practice!
- How do you manage situations where pain is difficult to localise and you’re in a diagnostic dilemma?
- What if you just CANNOT find out which tooth it is? What should you say to the patient? 🤔
- What % chance of success should you give to the patient based on clinical findings?
- Can you use a cotton wool roll as an alternative to a tooth slooth?
- SHOULD YOU CHASE A CRACK???
- When you open a molar access cavity and trace a crack – where is the cut off for the extent of the crack before it is deemed not worth saving?
- Any advice for GDPs dealing with CTS?
- What is the evidence for RCT in patients with cracks?
- What is the consent conversation you have regarding cracks?
And right at the start we touch on:
- Impact of CBCT in Endodontics
- Can you spot a crack on a CBCT?